VETS Indexes Employer Awards
Frequently Asked Questions
ANNUAL VETS INDEXES EMPLOYER AWARDS
Skip To Question Sections:
How and why to participate
The VETS Indexes Employer Awards tell highly skilled veteran talent around the country that your organization stands out from the crowd and could be a great place to start or continue their post-military careers. This can make a big difference for your recruiting efforts.
Survey Sections and Question Types
- Data: Provide data, in numeral form, in answer blanks or grids — no text accepted.
- Pick one: Select a single answer from multiple choices, marked by circles.
- Check all: Select as many answers as apply from multiple choices, marked by squares.
- Drop-down menu: Select a single answer from options in a drop-down menu.
- Select and rank: Select multiple answers from an array of choices; drag and drop to select and rank.
- Text entry: Fill in answer blanks or grids, with text responses
Evaluation and award process
- VETS Indexes 5 Star Employer
- VETS Indexes 4 Star Employer
- VETS Indexes 3 Star Employer
- VETS Indexes Recognized Employer
Completing The Survey
Help, I’m seeing responses from another organization when I try to fill out my organization’s survey!
The survey asks for data from the current year, but this data is not available because the year isn’t over. What should I do?
Why don’t some of the questions and answer options I’m seeing in my online survey match the blank survey PDF?
Should my responses to questions asking for “overall” data, data covering “all employees” and the like include or exclude data that covers veterans?
Glossary of terms
Guard/Reserve Members: People currently enrolled in any National Guard or Reserve branch.
Military connected: People directly connected to the military community, as either current service members (including Guard/Reserve), veterans, or spouses of service members or veterans.
Military spouses: Spouses of current service members or veterans.
Protected veterans: Former service members who served active duty during a period of war, were discharged within the last three years, have a service-connected disability, received an Armed Forces Service Medal, or meet other qualifications, as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor HERE.
Veterans: Former service members, including former members of the Guard/Reserve